So you got a new piercing, congrats! Now what?
Aftercare plays a crucial role with healing your piercing. With it being the internet era and everyone being apart of that, google searches can often leave you confused and thinking is this right to use? We decided to make it simple for you and to have some do’s and don’ts for what we recommend.
How to clean your piercing:
– Always start off by washing your hands.
– Rinse piercing with Sterile Saline Wound Wash
– If needed, use gauze or cotton swab to gently dry the area.
– Clean your piercing(s) 2 to 3 times daily until healed.
– Expect some bleeding, redness, and some potential bruising for the first week or so.
– Stop in at 6-8 weeks for a checkup or downsize (piercer will recommend timeframe for your specific piercing.)
– Contact Darkstar directly if you have any questions.
– Touch/Play/or Rotate your piercing.
– Remove jewelry at any point during the healing process.
– Sleep directly on your piercing as this can lengthen healing time and cause irritation.
– Apply makeup or skin are products directly to piercing site.
As always, we are here to help you with any issues or questions you might have during the healing process. Feel free to reach out to us whenever. If you suspect your piercing might be infected, please contact your doctor immediately as we are not medical professionals.